Laboratory does basic and applied research in:
- Information processing in complex systems;
- Theory and technology of Intelligent geo-information systems;
- Management decision support systems, based on Intelligent geo-information systems;
- Programming, modeling and computer systems.
The above directions correspond to the SPIIRAS research area: “Theoretic fundamentals in developing information technologies for research automation, control and manufacturing intelligent systems” well as to one of the main programs of the RAS Department of Information Technologies and Computer Systems: “System analysis, artificial intelligence, pattern recognition systems, multi-criteria decision-making”.
New Recent Results
- Technical approach of estimation of situations and prediction of possible ways of its development under the information deficiency that emerges from the functioning process of technical-organizational systems of different levels and a scale based on methodology. This methodology is based on the integrated usage of aggregates method, immunocomputing approach and harmonization, integration and information fusion;
- Mathematical Models and Algorithmic Support Software have been developed for conducting and prediction of the environment in real-time in the monitoring systems for various purposes;
- Models of information source evaluation are developed for registration of fields of various physical natures. These models are presented as axial modules that interact with geoinformation interface.
Information processing in complex systems:
- the concept of information and knowledge harmonization, integration and fusion
- information pyramids.
Theory and technology of Intelligent geo-information systems (IGIS):
- Maritime IGIS;
- Topographical IGIS;
- Urban IGIS;
- Mobile IGIS;
- Special IGIS.
Methodology of information integration, harmonization and fusion forms a basis for research being conducted. Based on the above a concept of IGIS origination was developed, IGIS architecture was justified and developed, and IGIS software prototype was designed.
Management decision support systems, based on intelligent geo-information systems
- Intelligent Systems:
- expert systems;
- logical inference systems;
- scenario systems;
- Ontologies and electronic documents circulation;
- Monitoring systems of different purpose and scale;
- Physical objects detection systems;
- Learning and modeling of operational level:
- operational simulators (local, distributed and international);
- systems modeling and studying the operational level;
- electronic distributed learning of operational level;
- Tactical situations investigation.
Programming, modeling and computer systems:
- Operating systems;
- Programming environment;
- Information security and protection systems;
- Portable systems’ software;